Friday, June 26, 2009

Just Add Spirit!

Strike Averted! The deadline was extended and thanks to an amazing bargaining team, we got an awesome contract. No complaints whatsoever. To celebrate, let's have a cocktail party!

LCBO's last promotion was spirits & cocktails.

They published this nifty little cocktail recipe book, so I had to make some of them. It was all for work of course, so I can offer better customer service Smileys Here are some of the drinks we tried. If you'd like to try some of these, click the picture of the recipe, it should enlarge for you. (Bear in mind, these were made and tasted over the course of a few weeks, not all in one day!)











First up - Whiskey Sour. This is a simple, classic drink.

I loves me some rye, so this was the first drink we tried. Delicious!









This one sounded interesting. Blueberries were on sale, so this one was next.

This is a terrific summer drink. So refreshing!







Jamaican Mule - a twist on the famous Moscow Mule only this time using rum instead of vodka.


Quite a nice tasting cocktail.









Berry Batida

Very fruity! This tasted like juice. There was a demo in my store and the girl making this drink used frozen berries. I used fresh.








Golden Sunrise which is basically a Tequila Sunrise.

This picture isn't very good. The drink on the right is unmixed so you can see the grenadine on the bottom. The colour bleeds a bit up into the juice hence the name sunrise. The drink on the left has been mixed - cool colour!






Spiced Daiquiri. The recipe called for Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, but I used this -

I much prefer Sailor Jerry. It's one of my new favorite spirits. It is really yummy.

What a refreshing, flavourful cocktail. This was my second favourite from the book.










Tangerine Sidecar

There are many variations of the classic drink. I very much liked this one.








The Lychee Buck was my favourite of all of the drinks I made from this book.


Again, a twist on the Gin Buck, this added lychee liqueur for a fabulous flavour combination. Very delicious.

With summer's heat upon us, cocktails are a great refresher after a hard work day or to sip in the backyard while lounging on the weekend. I hope you'll try one or all of these. Cheers!

5 comments:

aTxVegn said...

A celebration is indeed in order! As I'm sitting down here in Texas sweltering, I can't tell you how good these drinks look!

Crystal said...

Wow, look at all those fancy drinks...and your collection of different glasses. Very, very cool!

Tanya Kristine said...

whiskey sours...haven't had those in forever and they are delciious.

i've asked you this before Carrie...did you make all those in one night???

Tanya Kristine said...

SIMON UPDATE!

Dreena said...

oh, I need to have a drink soon! The nursing should space out enough sometime soon for a bitty drink... :)