Saturday, August 12, 2006

Love At The Dog Park?

Mom and Dad have to give me my allergy shots every two weeks. I don't really like it, but it's not THAT bad. I've learned though, that if I really play it up and look all sad and scared, they feel guilty and take me to the dog park. HA! So a few days ago we went. It wasn't hot any more so I was able to run around and check things out.


.

Oh, something over there looks interesting. What is that? Is it a cow?

.

Holy crap! It's a giant dog! Now, I'm a big boy, but this gal was huge! I was feeling a little timid. I didn't quite know what to make of this and was feeling a bit unsure.

We sniffed each other and she seemed OK. Actually, she smelled kinda nice. She was young like me so I figured she'd want to play. I wanted to run and have her chase me, then she could run and I'd chase her, but she just wasn't into it.

She gave me a kiss though. Maybe she likes me.

14 comments:

funwithyourfood said...

wow is that mastiff or a great dane??
that is soo cool

teddy

Anonymous said...

That is some cute! I know what you mean they sure can give you the sad puppy dog look when they want something or there is something they are not too fond of doing. Great Danes are huge dogs for sure..we saw one at a Timmies..6 months old and weighed 180 lbs! Maybe this one will be a girlfriend for Simon?

Dori said...

That's one big black and white girl Simon. I would have been a little intimidated too. Well, maybe next time she will want to run after you, but you'll just have to understand girls can be like that sometimes. :)

KleoPatra said...

Hey, Simon, this is Mattie! Hey, you sure are brave. Way to get those allergy shots. I haven't been feeling well lately, so thank you for being a good role model!!

As for the great dane, SCOOBY!!! Sometimes i get scared o'those big guys, but then i sniff 'em and they're really nice. You look like you're really good pals, and i like that so much. What a nice photo! You are so lucky to have such a great mommy who loves you and takes care of you and then takes you out for fun days!

Love,
Mattie

MeloMeals said...

Oh Simon is so cute! He was very brave with the very large woman! hehe.. what a total cutie pie..

I sooo wish I could take Jorda to the dog park. I can't.. she's too dominant and it causes fights. She wants to be top dog there all the time, she even would get between every dog and his/her person.. herding the dogs away from them.. not good.

MeloMeals said...

btw, Jorda would love to play with Simon though.. she LOVES chase.. it's her very favorite thing.

Anonymous said...

What cute pics. And I thought Noble was big. That Great Dane is huge! Aren't dog parks fun?

urban vegan said...

I think they are made for each other. Woof.

KleoPatra said...

Thanks for the nice message at mommy's blog, Simon.


*WOOF*


Hope you're having a great day with your mommy 'n' daddy. I am feeling better every day, thanks for caring.

Harmonia said...

WOW! She is a big girl! Glad they got along!

The new one and D2 are getting along really well. They are playing constantly. It's great!

High Power Rocketry said...

that guy is huge!

Tanya Kristine said...

that is the cutest post! i love great danes...LOVE them. we thought kody was part dane in fact...found out he was just part ass

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

awwww, simion, i'm sure the cow-dog loved you -- you're irresistible! is that a "marmduke" dog?

karen said...

Simon is so cute! He seems big for a jack russell. Are there different sizes? He sure is tiny compared to the dane! What a brave boy he is! My dog was so scared to play with a russian wolf hound, she hid behind me! And she is 3 times the size.