Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Taquitos!

J and I were in Oakville yesterday and stopped into Whole Foods Market to do some shopping. The produce there always looks fantastic. Of course, I forgot my list at home and had to try and remember everything I needed. Whenever I do this, I end up buying all sorts of things and overspending.


While we were browsing, J found this: vegan taquitos from Starlite Cuisine. Wow! I can't wait to try these. I love Mexican-type things. They had chicken-style, beef-style and chorizo & black bean. J chose the beef-style. Maybe we'll have them on the weekend. I'll let you know how they are.

3 comments:

Dreena said...

Hi Carrie! I'd love to hear what you think of these. I tried them (the chicken style I think) and I just did not dig them at all. Maybe it's because we don't eat a lot of mock meat stuff, but I don't know...

I spend too much grocery shopping too - just so much fun to find new treats and great produce!

Harmonia said...

I've had vegan taquitos before but a different brand. Thank you for the info! I will have to check it out. I just posted 1 entry with many more to come thru-out the day! Visit often! I always love your comments!

~go veg said...

Those do look good. I will have to make my year visit to Whole Foods and get some of these. I wish their merchandise wasn't so expensive.