Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Just My Luck

Why would I expect anything less?

I have 7 vacation days left over at my full-time day job that I have to use up before my anniversary date there which is February 16. I thought swweeeet! If I don't use them, I lose them and I am prime for a bit of a break right now. In order to get the maximum use out of these days, I've staggered them over weekends. I took Friday last week and Monday this week off. Use 2 vacation days, get a 4 day break. I worked Tuesday and I went in today (Wednesday) and then booked off Thursday and Friday. Nice. I was looking forward to some quality time with Simon and just relaxing, catching up on some reading, doing some cooking...nothing serious but a lot of me time. What happens? I wake up this morning to get ready for work and I have a funny little tickle in my throat. *GASP* I tried to trick myself into thinking it was just a dry throat and once I had a drink of juice, I'd be feeling great. No go. By mid-morning I was stuffy, tired and feeling generally crappy. Wonderful. Now I'm going to waste my vacation days being sick. Just my luck.

1 comment:

Harmonia said...

Hope you feel better!

It seems everytime I get a day off - the weather is so bad that we don't do anything.

;)